Tuesday 31 August 2010

Quotes of the Week #4

"Davids is as fit as a fiddle and has a real hunger and passion for the game."
Sky Sports News' Peter Beagrie on Palace's new signing

"I merely ask that the next player who rolls up at St Andrews for transfer talks wants to live in Birmingham, wants to play for Birmingham and wants to give his all for the cause."
A Birmingham fan on new signings. I'm sure they want to play for Birmingham but suely no one wants to live in Birmingham

Interviewer: You’ve made your name, Harry, as a bit of a wheeler and dealer, there’s not been much wh….
Redknapp: Na, na I’m not a wheeler and dealer, fu*k off. (Walks off). I am not a fu*king wheeler and dealer, I am a fu*king football manager.
An interviewer gets his banter with Harry Redknapp all wrong. In case you haven't seen the interview yet, here it is

ARSHAVIN CORNER

From Ertassov: Hello Andrey! I would like to say that you are my favorite footballer. I want you to come to Kazakhstan (Aktobe city) and support our team in the Champions League. All the best, Aidar.
AA: I can come with Arsenal and “kill” it ;)
Andrei with a lovely, warm response

From bulanmisha: “We've Got Arshavin, FUCK Adebayor!"
AA: I’ve heard that

From shmelkat: What are going to do after your football career? It’s Katya writing, 12 years old.
AA: Katya, it’s Andrey answering, 29 years old: I do not know ...
Just a bit tongue in cheek!

From www999: Hi Andrey, my question is: how can I improve my dodging technique?
AA: By working on it
Brilliant advice from Andrei

CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN

FEBRUARY: Qatari Fifa executive Mohamed Bin Hammam says he'll block Sepp Blatter's bid for a fourth term in the 2011 elections: "The time has come. Fifa needs an Asian president."

MAY: Sepp publicly backs Qatar's 2022 World Cup bid. "I strongly feel the World Cup should come to Qatar!"

AUGUST: Bin Hammam says Sepp deserves a fourth term. "Let me be very clear. I will be backing Sepp Blatter to remain in office. He is my very good friend!"' (Sepp says claims of a deal are malicious. "I have most certainly not made any sort of deal with Qatar. How could I? As president of Fifa I would never misuse my office!")


THOROUGH INSPECTION OF THE WEEK

New from Fifa's ethics board last week: a "full investigation" into allegations of player and staff abuse by North Korea after the World Cup. Fifa's method: asking North Korea if they abused their players and staff. The result: "North Korea assure Fifa that the reports were baseless ... Fifa has decided to close the matter."
What a great job they're doing there!

NUMBER CRUNCHING

£142m: The new annual "solidarity package" paid to Football League clubs – a record redistribution deal. "Premier League clubs take their responsibility for all levels of the game very seriously."

£130m: Man City's spending on transfer fees this summer, not including wages. City's Brian Marwood says criticism is "laughable". "People don't know the facts. This club needed the investment."

HYPOCRITS OF THE WEEK

21 Aug, Emmanuel Adebayor: "I am very happy to be part of this club. I know there are a lot of things being written that I will be leaving, but I am not. I love it at Manchester City."
27 Aug: "If a team comes in for me, I will leave. I must fight for myself."

23 Aug, Asmir Begovic, Stoke: "If a bid for me is accepted, that's a different story, but in the meantime I just have to get on with my job. Speculation is part and parcel of being a footballer. There's lots of talk, but at the end of the day you come to work and do your job."
24 Aug: Tony Pulis: "He said this morning he didn't want to play for us in the cup. I find that desperately disrespectful."

16 Aug, Barcelona director Andoni Zubizarreta: "There is nothing with Mascherano. In fact, he is a player who does not fit into our plans. He is a great player but there is nothing going on."
27 Aug: Signs him.

More quotes next week

No comments:

Post a Comment