Sunday 22 August 2010

Quotes of the Week #3

"The security challenges are enormous but we cannot allow the terrorists to win. They must lose by an innings - repeatedly."
Giles Clarke (England & Wales Cricket Board Chairman) with a lovely little cricket analogy

"It has been my dream to play my part in taking my hometown club to the Premier League."
Craig Bellamy on joining Cardiff. 'It's been my dream ever since Mancini told me to piss off'
"We made some good changes and I really believe that this can be our year."
Martin Skrtel getting ahead of himself. Let's be honest, if this is their year, they'll just make 4th place

"These people are clowns. I am dying with laughter."
Believe it or not, Nicola Anelka doesn't agree with the 18 match ban given to him by the French Federation after his disgraceful actions during the World Cup

"Wigan looked all over the place against Blackpool last weekend and I fear the 8-0 defeat against Chelsea on the final day of last season will play on their minds."
Sky Sport's Ed Chamberlin. Looks like it did. Wigan's last 3 Premiership matches. Scored 0. Conceded 18!

"This is football. Wigan got smashed at home by a team that everyone thought would be the whipping boys of the division, but maybe they'll go and give the champions a game this week."
Paul Merson. Maybe they will...or maybe they'll just be embaressed again (lost 6-0)

"I only realised I was on 97 today because my mum told me. She was only coming to see me get 100. She was off to the proms tonight, so I was glad I could get it before tea so she could get off!"
Graeme Swann after reaching his 100 England wicket

"Look, Darth Vader could come to Spurs. I don't care."
Beniot Assou-Ekotto on William Gallas. I wonder if Darth would get the same reception from Arsenal fans.

"John Terry is the captain of all team captains, he was born with the captain's armband on his arm."
Carlo Ancelotti. Born with it on until Fabio takes it after he sleeps with his mates missus

"I might be in a bit of a Skoda garage rather than a Mercedes garage, but I am telling you some old bangers don't half polish up great"
Ian Holloway still on good form.

HYPOCRIT OF THE WEEK

This Week: Alex Ferguson says about new signing Bébé, "I haven't seen him (Bebe) play...but other clubs were starting to hover on the boy so we made a quick decision and said 'Well why don't we go for it'"

Last Week: Fergie attacks reckless spending by rivals, "There's this kamikaze effort to spend money at some clubs. It's amazing".

TRANSFER NEWS

1st August, Mesut Ozil: "Only the facts count and the fact is I am under contract with Werder Bremen. I am a friend of honesty. I have always respected my contract and been happy to fulfil it. Why should not be any different?"

17 August: Joins Real Madrid

WORST EXCUSE
Harry Redknapp, Before match vs Bern: "The artificial pitch looks fine, a good surface, very good"

Harry Redknapp, After the loss vs Bern: "It's not an excuse, but I played on Astro Turf myself at QPR and hated every minute of it. I don't agree with Astro Turf".

FINALLY
Natalie Weber says she wont cash in on dating Lazio's Mauro Zarate. Weber, posing for a photo-shoot in a thong while lying on top of Zarate said, "We are a modest couple, not interested in showing off or posing for magazine photographs surrounded by our wealth. That would sully what we share: 100% love".

More quotes next week

No comments:

Post a Comment