Monday 16 August 2010

Quotes of the Week #2

"This is low as it gets. The position we are in at the moment is quite similar to when we didn't qualify for the European Championship."
Steven Gerrard

"Before anyone asks a question, I just want to make sure you can see me - you can see me here and I'm not a cardboard cut-out, because somehow or other, I'm not supposed to be here"
Ian Holloway responding to reports that he was to quit as Blackpool manager.

"But unfortunately I can't afford his left little toenail and I wouldn't insult Stoke by even going to them."
Holloway with another blinder about the possibilty of signing James Beattie

"For me, that was a perfect example of why cricket should adopt a yellow and red card system, as in football."
Bumble on Stuart Broad's actions as he threw a ball at the head of a Pakistan batsman

"I hope when David is okay he can play his last game here at Wembley in a friendly to say goodbye and thank you very much to the crowd."
Capello during THAT interview before the Hungary game

"David can hold his head up high for the service he's given to the England team."
Steven Gerrard. Here here.

"I'm not a fan of City's spending this summer. It looks like they've bought a lorryload of players and haven't thought about how they'll fit into a team. "
Paul Merson

Where's Toldo? Man City's spending is getting out of hand!


"Every time I go away with England, I always sit next to him for dinners."
Theo Walcott. What about getting him to teach you how to cross a ball theo?

"I'm as cross as a cross man in a cross shop. That's putting a light-hearted slant on it."
Brian Noble after his side's last-gasp defeat. That really is cross!

"I don't think any of us in our wildest dreams believed that we could come here and do that."
Ian Holloway. Neither did we Ian.

"I don't want to criticise referees but I think he's only been refereeing for four years and it looked like it."
Steve Bruce. Love it. 'Don't want to criticise him BUT...'

"Lee Cattermole has been sent off four times now and he's not played a lorryload of games; but he is the captain of the club and he can't be getting sent off - he's got to use his brain."
Harder said than done for a footballer. The great scholar Merson divining more football wisdom

"Rafa has had an unbelievable season so far so to beat him in the first big hardcourt tournament of the season is huge for my confidence."
Andy Murray. So that's what Benitez has been up to

ARSHAVIN CORNER
Hi Andrey! I just wanted to ask, if your daughter decided that her dream was to play professional football, would you encourage/support her in this?
Arshavin: I hope it will never happen.

Andrey, are you frightened of bears?
Arshavin: On the contrary, I like bears.

From 19garik78Hello Andrey. My name is Garik. I want to ask you something. I date a girl who is your big fan and admires you very much. She said she’d agree to marry me if I got her a photo, a poster or something like this with your autograph. If it’s not too difficult for you, could you please send me something? I’d be grateful for the rest of my life. Thank you in advance. My address, Stavropol region, Mineralnye Vody Lermontova str
Arshavin: Are you sure you won’t regret it? :)

If you have any quotes, stadium announcements or chants then please send them to browett_ben@hotmail.co.uk. Check back for more quotes next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment