Tuesday 10 August 2010

Quotes of the Week #1

Here is the first Quotes of the Week section that'll be running from now on. If you hear any please send them to one of the adresses on the sidebar...

"I am a man with warm blood and now I'm used to the cold in the north."
Nani when asked about life in the North. Between Portugal and Manchester I know which I'd choose

"We've tried for Rooney, Ronaldo and Messi, but they haven't returned our calls yet."
Steve Coppell after Bristol City were linked with Michael Owen

"Players are only world class if they play to the best of their ability. If not, they are only world-class names. "
Roy Hodgson gives his Liverpool players something to think about. Roy for the England job!

"You can't be happy when you are not there. I always want to be there, no matter what happens. Actually, I did have a tear to be fair with my cousin and my mate. Then I played the best golf ever."
Theo Walcott when asked about not being included in the World Cup. His crazy golf is getting really good though!

"I need to feel loved when I am on the pitch."
Joe Cole. Someone give him a hug!

"It's a jigsaw, we need far too many pieces and the picture isn't on our box lid. We were expecting a different box."
More incredible interviews from Ian Holloway about the upcoming season in the Premier League. Absolutely no idea what this means

ARSHAVIN CORNER
For those who haven't already read it, Andrei Arshavin answers a weekly 'Q & A with Andrei' on his blog. Here are some of the best...

From DavidBeckhamHello Andrey. I’d like to ask you an obvious question that you’ve probably heard more than once before. Do you know a football player (who plays football now or played it in the past), who plays (played) football just like you, or a footballer you want to play like? I personally play in David Beckham’s style, I am not his idol, although I like the way he plays. He can kick the ball diagonally 40-80 meters away right at his teammate’s feet, though of course it is not everything he can do. Thanks in advance for your reply! Good luck in the English championship!
Arshavin: You are not Beckham’s idol? :)

From NikeMercurialHello! What shall I do to stop worrying when I come out on the pitch? When I play I often get confused ... I beg you - give me advice !!! You'll help me a lot, thanks in advance and good luck to you.
Arshavin: Stop worrying :)

From ZhenOKAndrey , how did you learn to manage the ball so masterfully?
Arshavin: I’ve been socializing with the ball for quite a while and we became friends :) But seriously, this is by nature.

From adar7My girlfriend has very touching feeling towards your butt, how have you managed to achieve such a result, share your secret, she also likes your arms and legs!
Arshavin: I got it from my parents. Doesn’t she pay any attention to your coxofemoral joints and limbs? ;)

So there you have it for this week, check back for more quotes next week

No comments:

Post a Comment